Larry was inducted into the Coaches Hall of Fame in 2017.
Larry worked for the Social Security Administration for 31 years, retiring in 1992. He was the head boy’s golf coach at Kuemper Catholic High School in Carroll from 1989 to 2012. Although retiring in 2012, Larry has faithfully continued to follow the Kuemper boy’s golf team.
While at Kuemper Catholic, he:
- led the Knights to eleven of nineteen conference titles in
- the Hawkeye 10 Conferencecaptured nineteen Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) titlesguided the Knights to thirteen state appearances including state championships in
- 95, 09, 10, 11, runner-up in 98, 01,
- and 12, and two 3rdplace finishes in 99 and 08coached and mentored over 650 athletesreceived IHSAA C
- oach of the Year in 2009 and CYO Coach of the Year in 92, 93, 95, 01, 08, 10, and 12
- awarded the Msgr. Joseph E.TolanAward in 2010 in recognition of his golf accomplishments
Larry was instrumental in area Junior Golf Programs for over 20 years. In 2012, a former golfer nominated Larry for the Public Service Award given by the Carroll Chamber of Commerce for the passion he has for the game and the compassion he has for the kids. In honor of Larry’s devotion to the development of young players in golf, the Kuemper Invitational has been renamed the Larry Clark Invitational, and the Kuemper/Carroll High Rivalry Cup has been renamed the Clark Cup.
Larry and Sharon have been married for 55 years and have four children, 14 grandchildren, and 2 great grandchildren. Whether it be the golf course, baseball field, or any other court/field, Larry and Sharon can be found supporting the Kuemper Knights!